Five Arrests Over Missing King’s Nursing Student

Roar’s Deputy Editor-in-Chief Aman Patel reporting the ongoing case of missing King’s nursing student, Owami Davies. 

Owami Davies is a 24 year old nursing student at King’s College London. Miss Davies has been reported missing by Essex Police since July 11th. She had left the family home in Chafford Hundred, Grays, on the July 4th. The subsequent police investigation has found some evidence of how she may have gone missing. CCTV video footage from the early hours of the 7th of July shows Miss Davies walking in the company of a man on Derby Road. She was also sighted that night in a shop in West Croydon.

Owami Davies on CCTV footage

Met Police

A spokesperson for King’s College London said Miss Davies is a valued member of the university’s community. She said: “We are deeply concerned about her disappearance, and we continue to hope for her swift and safe return.

“We are keeping Owami, her family, and her friends in our thoughts during this difficult time.

“Our immediate priority is cooperating with the Metropolitan Police in their investigation.”

Miss Davies’ mother urged people to come forward with information, saying: “There are many friends and family who love and care for Owami and all of them want to see her safe return.

“Every day we hope to hear the news that Owami is coming back to us; your help might make it so.”

Owami Davies was last seen wearing a black jumper, grey jogging bottoms and a grey cap.

Owami Davies on CCTV footage

Met Police

So far, five arrests have been made in connection to Miss Davies’ disappearance, with three being for kidnapping and two for murder. Four of the men have been released on bail until September, including the two murder suspects aged 27 and 23. Detective Chief Inspector Nigel Penney from the Met Police described the ongoing investigation as complex and said it involved a significant number of officers.

He added: “We are working tirelessly to follow every line of inquiry, including extensive CCTV trawls, as we continue to search for Owami.

“We are now a month on from the last confirmed sighting of her. I cannot imagine what that time has been like for her family.

“We continue to provide them with whatever support we can.”

We at Roar News urge anyone who has any information on Owami Davies’ whereabouts to contact the police or King’s staff. Our thoughts go out to Miss Davies’ loved ones during this trying time.