LONDON VARSITY 2022- Friday 18th March- Review

Table Tennis

Unfortunately the Strand the day didn’t get off to the best start- despite a very valiant and respectable effort by the team in unfamiliar surroundings, Gower had too much class to see off a new team.

Full time score: 8-13

Tennis

It was sadly an all too familiar story for KCL Tennis, where they underservedly fell just short and missed the opportunity to final win the Varsity title. After getting off to a great start in the men’s doubles, they allowed Gower to creep back in to proceedings over the course of the afternoon. The format of 1 ‘point’ for each of the events (men’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s singles, women’s doubles, mixed doubles) worked very well.

Full time score: 2-3

Medics Hockey (Women’s)

The scores were settled at 1-1 before a very cagey and tense 2nd half, where neither side could get the breakthrough. To extra time it went, before GT won on penalties after a mega penalty save from their keeper. Cue wild celebrations.

Full time score: 1-1 (GKT win on penalties)

Medics Hockey (Men’s)

The men’s team duly obliged in following up the success of the women’s team with a more comfortable 2-0 win. Being one of the best sides in the country, competing in the BUCS Premier Division in the whole of the south of England and Wales (including teams such as Oxford 1s and Bristol 1s), they showed their class on the day. After racing to an early 2-0 lead, they saw out the second half well, obliging with some nice crowd banter with RUMS in the typical BMAT/UCAT form in the process.

Full time score: 2-0

Pole Fitness

Full time score: 8-2

SCORES TODAY: 3-2 KING’S

SCORES AT THE END OF THE 2nd DAY: 6-4 KING’S!!!!!

An artist's impression of gravitational waves. An artist's impression of gravitational waves.

Members of the KCL Encampment attempt to force entry into the KCL alumni awards Members of the KCL Encampment attempt to force entry into the KCL alumni awards

On Tuesday 11 June, King’s College London’s (KCL) annual Alumni Awards night, recognising a small number of KCL alumni for their achievements over the...

Close-Up Shot of Peanuts Close-Up Shot of Peanuts

From the 21st to the 23rd of May, King’s College London (KCL) hosted the second London Defence Conference (LDC), Roar sent a team of...

Staff Writer Will Black summarises the events of this season’s Imola Grand Prix. A last lap dash, an unfortunate Albon, and worrying times for...