LONDON VARSITY 2021- Ultimate Frisbee Review

KCL started off the 2021 series in perfect fashion as our Ultimate Frisbee XI despatched UCL 14-5 on a blinding afternoon in an idyllic Regent’s Park. All very good fun.

The Strandies were 5-2 up at the break courtesy of some brilliantly crisp passing play, tiring out their opposition in the heat of the mid-afternoon, with the superior stamina of the side already proving the difference in the first quarter of the game.

In the second half, the floodgates opened for Strand, not only continuing to tire out their Gower counterparts in the heat, but adding great attacking flair to pile on the rout. A flurry of lovely plays made it 14-5 by the final whistle, leaving Strand to take home the victory and get revenge on last year’s event.

Throughout the match, a special shoutout must go to standout fresher Chee Ling. A series of excellent catches, playing a role in every point in the game, and perhaps most importantly, driving the team morale, served to keep the intensity going during the heat. She was undoubtedly the difference between a mere victory for King’s and the eventual thrashing it turned out to be.

This is too one of the Varsity events with a physical prize on the line too (not that that’s the most important prize on the line. You can see it gleaming in the gorgeous London sun on their proud Instagram story.

No better way to start off the series.