Fashion & Lifestyle

LFW A/W14: Simone Rocha

It’s all about edgy femininity with Simone Rocha’s latest collection.

Simone Rocha has been on everyone’s radar for the past few seasons now, as she’s shown a huge talent for putting her trademark on typically girlish looks. Known for her feminine silhouettes, Rocha’s designs have been high-octane girly sex appeal. This collection was a step up from her previous work, and she presented a hugely polished, refined take on the sweet style she’s best known for. With an initially muted colour palette, Rocha demonstrated how much impact a black ensemble can still have, with subtle gold accents running throughout. An explosion of red punctuated the muted palette, and the tartan hits in the middle of the collection were a pleasant surprise. Python skin is sure to be a go-to print for the autumn, all thanks to Rocha.

Staff writer Claire Ducharme examines the recent French fast fashion bill and its implications on sustainability in the industry. On 14 March 2024, France’s...

Staff writer Margo Sautelle dives into the coquette aesthetic, raising questions about the real implications of the trend, the meaning of girlhood and the...

Staff Writer Mina Yasar dissects all elements of the new fashion trend of 2024 – the ‘mob wife aesthetic’. If you use any social...