Fashion & Lifestyle

LFW A/W14: Michael van der Ham

Eye-popping flowers, sequins and summer brights offer up sunshine for this winter.

With an explosion of orange, coral, yellow and hues of blue, this latest offering from Michael van der Ham was a veritable feast of a colour palette. The collection was alive in every sense; we had eye-popping colour, 3D florals, layered dresses and sheer shirts that looked like they danced on thin air. The move throughout the show from over-sized florals to muted sequin patterns, made for a smooth transition from the bright orange to the more muted navy. The sixties influence was executed more in the form of a subtle nod, rather than an out-and-out homage, as we had classic silhouettes spliced (sleeves and skirts), mixing traditional looks with an experimental edge.

Staff writer Margo Sautelle dives into the coquette aesthetic, raising questions about the real implications of the trend, the meaning of girlhood and the...

Staff Writer Mina Yasar dissects all elements of the new fashion trend of 2024 – the ‘mob wife aesthetic’. If you use any social...

Staff writer Vidushi Sahni reviews the influential Drop School podcast for fashion entrepreneurs. In a world where hype has become everything, it has become...

On 27 October, ‘MASK’ – an electrifying Halloween event took place at the renowned Venue MOT, thanks to the collaborative effort of KCL DJ...