Musical Theatre Diner coming to the West End for Summer 2022

‘The Theatre Cafe Diner’ will be opening in Summer 2022, with singing waiters from your favourite West End shows and performances that are not to be missed. 

Sister to the already established and famous ‘Theatre Cafe’ that is situated in the heart of London’s West End, ‘The Theatre Cafe Diner’ will provide theatre-lovers with a high-quality classic menu and an experience never to be forgotten. 

‘The Theatre Cafe Diner’ is set to open this summer and will operate across two floors at 154 Shaftesbury Avenue, less than a 10-minute walk away from the original ‘Theatre Cafe’. A team of talented performers will make up the waiting staff and will showcase numbers from theatre shows while diners eat, drink and enjoy their evening. 

As well as operating as a restaurant throughout the week, the diner will also host a number of special events such as West End brunches and live performances. 

Joe Davey, managing director and founder of ‘The Theatre Cafe’, said: “I am so excited to be launching The Theatre Cafe Diner in the West End. It’s been a tough few years for our industry, so we are thrilled that The Theatre Cafe brand is expanding” according to ‘WhatsOnStage’. 

Similarly to the ‘Theatre Cafe’, it will have special theatrical memorabilia dotted around the diner, giving customers a unique experience so much more than just a meal out. 

According to ‘The Stage’, Julia Wilkinson, restaurant director at property firm ‘Shaftesbury PLC’, commented on the opening of the ‘Theatre Cafe Diner’, saying that “The brand’s dedication to showcasing popular West End theatre productions will perfectly complement its setting at the heart of London’s iconic theatre scene. We are confident that the theatre fans and food lovers from near and far will be eager to experience this vibrant new operator.”

After a tough few years for the arts industries, theatre in particular, new openings like this that support performers are a great positive and something that musical theatre-lovers can look forward to. 

Culture Editor Evelyn Shepphird examines political violence and filial loyalty within Robert Icke’s ‘Player Kings’, the West End adaptation of Shakespeare’s ‘Henry IV’ Parts...