Music

Rolling Tones Wow At Waterfront

Photo by Alexandra Lynx

The Rolling Tones – KCL’s only all-female a capella group – performed in support of Samaritans and ThinkMind for an enraptured crowd at Waterfront Bar & Kitchen last night.

The genre-spanning set included hits from The Beatles, Gladys Knight, Bon Iver and a new rendition of Drake’s ‘Hotline Bling’, which received uproarious applause from the KCLSU revellers.

KCL's Only All-Female A Capella Group Looking Swag - Photo by Alexandra Lynx

During the set, volunteers for Samaritans and ThinkMental collected generous donations from the relaxed post-lectures crowd.

The tone ranged from quiet and ethereal, to downright electrifying – especially the ‘Murder Medley’, during which the entire bar was stunned into silence by the sound.

At the end of the set, the crowd burst into cheers and applause, as the girls departed for some well deserved rest!

Photo by Alexandra Lynx

The Rolling Tones will perform a special Christmas show this Friday alongside The Scopes at Stamford Street. For tickets to this must-see Christmas concert, head over to KCLSU. 

For more information about the event, head over to The Rolling Tones’ Facebook.

Staff Writers Hannah Durkin and Klara Ismail review Barook Maqsood’s play Middleman “Despite everything, there’s still two of you in there.” If there was...

Bush House front door Bush House front door

Free food available for students today in the King’s Building to celebrate Sikh new year. Free food on campus for one whole day? Yes...

KCLSU logo KCLSU logo

Roar lays out the complicated King’s College London Student Union (KCLSU) rules to explain what’s happening with three student officers after an anonymous employee...

In a recently released financial statement, King’s College London (KCL) reported an annual surplus of £128 million in the year leading up to 31...