LFW A/W14: John Rocha

High concept and high sculpture showcase John Rocha’s signature style.

John Rocha does it again, bringing sculpture to the runway. If his Spring/Summer 2014 collection was fit for a garden party with its delicate floral prints and appliqués, his autumn collection is the garden itself. Reminiscent of the singing pansies from Alice in Wonderland, models stomped down the runway with layers of frill fluffed up around their necks, heads, even entire bodies. Paired with the starched layers of fabric was clunky black footwear, giving roots to Rocha’s blooming creations.The result is an exquisitely-crafted collection jam-packed with beautiful shapes and textures, just as wearable as it is avant-garde.

Roar writer Karen Ng interviews Gerald Stratford, author of Big Veg, and discusses his attitude towards gardening and life, his varied career path and...

Roar writer Elsie Todd on the importance of our gut and its health. I always thought that our general wellbeing was mostly down to...

Roar writer Elsie Todd on the risks and rewards of taxation as a solution to inequality. Taxation is an instrumental solution to inequality, but...

Roar writer Elsie Todd analyses theories of justice, using World Population Review 2020 to find the most “just” modern society. The question of justice...