Savvy student shopping

What’s on your Autumn shopping list? Here’s some budget-friendly inspiration…

My favourite thing about autumn is the array of gorgeous colours: auburn, purple and gold. So I especially love it when the high street jumps on the bandwagon too, and brings out collections in the same beautiful shades. There is nothing better than snuggling up in a purple wool scarf or a beautiful golden tan coat with a fur collar. All we are missing now is a crackling fire.

This season sees a mixture of crisp and warm tones, camouflage patterns and warm fur and knitwear. Tartan and leathers are prominent, as are futuristic metallics, adding a punk feel. Black never lets anyone down and was featured on the catwalks with a twist of animal print and velvets. And, of course, no one can undermine the presence of this autumn’s oversized coat.

As a student it is hard to stay on top of the newest trends on a tight budget. However, I have compiled here some affordable high street copies of the designer versions…

Topshop

Zara

Julien Macdonald for Debenhams

Boohoo

Gareth Southgate took the England team to Euros Final 3 years ago at Wembely.

Comment Editor Ruth Otim opens the mini-series project on guerrilla journalism, covering characteristics of the alternative news form. The news stories that are not...

Golden light falls in shards around the silhouettes of Standing at the Sky's Edge cast members, each of which are singing at a microphone. Golden light falls in shards around the silhouettes of Standing at the Sky's Edge cast members, each of which are singing at a microphone.

King's Scientists at the Royal Society Summer Exhibition 2024. Image courtesy of Alena Lastovko. King's Scientists at the Royal Society Summer Exhibition 2024. Image courtesy of Alena Lastovko.

KCLSU logo KCLSU logo

Roar writer Maimuna May on how fast fashion and the pandemic is killing the high street. Debenhams announced it was entering into liquidation on...

Nursing students will now take out loans after George Osborne announced in his Autumn Statement and Spending Review cuts to NHS bursaries used to pay tuition...

Fashion & Lifestyle

Star spangled banner at the Matthew Williamson show. This was a collection for a new type of Williamson girl: bold, skin-tight and clashing. An...

We must review our mental health policies, says KCLSU President Sebastiaan Debrouwere.   I have a view, arguably an idealistic one, of what the university experience should...