Fashion & Lifestyle

LFW A/W14: Matthew Williamson

Star spangled banner at the Matthew Williamson show.

This was a collection for a new type of Williamson girl: bold, skin-tight and clashing. An amalgamation of the sixties and seventies, all was out to shock and surprise.

The star was the central symbol of the collection, on leather leggings and skirts and as a rainbow starburst of pattern. It was clear this was an aesthetic, glamorous experiment for Williamson that was supported by his multitudinous frow of Palermo, Norgaard and Delevingne.

Williamson emphasised the star-like, glamourous nature through hand-cut beads along with the occasional suit and star sequins. With the opening explosion of red, and closing white and black hologram, Williamson proved this was Hollywood chic.

SHAG Week banner SHAG Week banner

Staff Writer Mina Yasar dissects all elements of the new fashion trend of 2024 – the ‘mob wife aesthetic’. If you use any social...

Staff writer Vidushi Sahni reviews the influential Drop School podcast for fashion entrepreneurs. In a world where hype has become everything, it has become...

On 27 October, ‘MASK’ – an electrifying Halloween event took place at the renowned Venue MOT, thanks to the collaborative effort of KCL DJ...

Staff Writer Zahra Ahmed questions nostalgia-ridden fashion trends and their potential to inspire new generations as 90s supermodels used to. When Kate Moss first...