Fashion & Lifestyle

LFW A/W14: Burberry Prorsum

Burberry brought a new boho to the classic trench in this latest collection.

Burberry’s iconic Fashion Week venue at Kensington Park Gardens saw a different autumnal twist. What is usually a light, giant conservatory-style runway was transformed into a darkened, sophisticated stage. Yet Christopher Bailey soon revealed that this was necessary for his new collection: Burberry had gone bohemian-chic. If Tiger Lily were a fashionista, this collection would have been her wardrobe. Unhemmed dresses and layers of scalves created an effortlessly cool look. The trench coat had become slouchy. Aubergine, taupe and oak-greens were the colour palette, enhanced by their hand painted application. Despite the easy style, Bailey proved he was the King of British elegance with such delicate brushstrokes.

Students from the KCL International Feminist Society and KCL Palestine Action protest the London Defence Conference taking place on the Strand Campus. Early this...

Staff writer Margo Sautelle dives into the coquette aesthetic, raising questions about the real implications of the trend, the meaning of girlhood and the...

Staff Writer Mina Yasar dissects all elements of the new fashion trend of 2024 – the ‘mob wife aesthetic’. If you use any social...

Staff writer Vidushi Sahni reviews the influential Drop School podcast for fashion entrepreneurs. In a world where hype has become everything, it has become...