King’s Launches Insights Programme for Final Year Undergraduates Unsure About Career Options

Careers and Employability promoting the Insights Scheme in Bush House.
A representative from King's Careers and Employability, promoting the new Insights Scheme.

King’s College London (KCL) have announced the new Insights Programme, which aims to provide final year undergraduates with opportunities to explore different careers paths.

King’s Careers and Employability have launched the Insights Programme, giving opportunities to final year undergraduates who may not be sure of what career they may want to pursue after university. The scheme promises a ‘suite of opportunities’ for students to investigate sectors and roles.

The opportunities run throughout the academic year, consisting of business treks, work-shadowing, virtual micro-internships, virtual consultancy projects, virtual work simulation and bespoke events hosted throughout the programme. Potential industries included in the scheme include finance, banking and communications.

An online drop-in session will allow students to learn more about the scheme on 15 November. An introductory workshop to the scheme will be hosted on 18 October, introducing prospective applicants to what the scheme entails, how to engage, what to expect, and an opportunity for questions.

The application to apply can be found here. A soft deadline of 22 November has been set, but applications will still be potentially approved on a rolling basis. King’s Careers and Employability would like to encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply, and insists that the scheme is open to all regardless of background or experience.

Students with preliminary questions are encouraged to contact [email protected] with the subject line ‘Insights Programme’.

For more about schemes at King’s, click here.

KCLWRFC celebrate LUSL success

During a channel crossing event in late February, six King’s College London (KCL) students formed the majority of a crew rescued by the French...