King’s Cancels Graduation Ceremonies

KCL has decided to cancel graduation ceremonies due to coronavirus concerns. 

Early this morning, all third year students woke up to an email announcing that King’s had decided to cancel graduation ceremonies in July due to the coronavirus. This is because of the serious risk of the infection spreading in the large crowd.

The actual process of graduating and getting a degree is going ahead unaffected. Certificates will be sent by email. Students report shock, sadness, and dislocation upon hearing the news.

KCL administration is exploring alternative ways to celebrate in July, details forthcoming. They also intend to host other celebratory events at some point in the future, when the pandemic has passed. The situation remains extremely unclear at this time. Roar will keep monitoring and assessing the issue.

As part of its Women in Media Panel with The Times and Sunday Times in collaboration with KCL Women in Business (KCL WIB), Roar...

On 24 November, KCL students joined other London universities in a walkout in support of Palestine, the second in as many weeks. The protest...

Staff writer Geeta Nandwani discusses David Cameron’s past controversies amid his suprise return to British politics. The nation took a collective gasp at 10am...

Politics

Staff writer António Macedo examines Portugal’s political crisis, highlighting the need for right-leaning parties to steer the nation toward socio-economic growth After an eight-year...

Website & Mobile App Lead, Angeline Wang, announces Student Fight Night London Round 3, a fun black-tie event happening on 3 December 2023. Student...

A Roar News investigation has revealed that the ‘King’s Student’ app, launched in September 2022, cost the university £279,412 to establish and run in...

KCL’s team on BBC quiz show University Challenge depart in the first round after loss to Lincoln College, Oxford. Broadcast on Monday evening, King’s...

News Editor Daisy Eastlake discusses the success of Theo Dan, a KCL PPE student, who has been called up to the England squad ahead...

Staff Writer Bella Leathley discusses the Conservative Party’s fall from grace, highlighting Boris Johnson’s failed premiership, an overly rigid COVID-19 protocol, and a decaying...