King’s Physics Student Sentenced for Terror Plot

Suhaib Majeed jailed for life with minimum term of 20 years. 

Suhaib-Majeed

Suhaib Majeed (Photograph Courtesy: Press Association)

Suhaib Majeed, 22, was pursuing a masters degree in Physics at KCL when in October of that year, Roar reported that he had been charged with terrorism offences, along with three other men.

The plot revolved around drive-bys – shooting whilst driving past – at Shepherd’s Bush police station and White City Territorial Army Barracks also in West London.

Tarik Hassane, who led the plot, admitted in 2014 to conspiracy to murder and preparation of terrorist acts.

At the Old Bailey today, Majeed’s barrister conveyed that his client accepted his involvement in the plot, including however that he wasn’t the leader. Tim Maloney QC said Majeed had been a “talented, able student” with “a very good future ” before these events.

The Central Criminal Court of England and Wales, commonly known as the Old Bailey

“You were members of a conspiracy to murder on the streets of London. It is hard to contemplate a more grave offence.” Judge Mr Justice Wilkie told Majeed and Hassane.

Majeed was given a life sentence, with a minimum term of 20 years.

Hassane was given a life sentence, with a minimum term of 21 years. The other two men charged admitted firearms offences but were cleared of conspiracy to murder and preparation of terrorist acts.

Disclaimer to students: If you feel you need support, please get in touch with:

KCLSU Advice Service: [email protected]

Your Student Officers: [email protected]

King’s Counselling Service: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/campuslife/services/counselling/index.aspx

King’s Chaplaincy: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/aboutkings/principal/dean/chaplaincy/contact/contact-us.aspx