King’s Brings on Board Former Labour Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls

Former Labour Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls has been appointed visiting professor by the Policy Institute at King’s.

His position at King’s is set to benefit postgraduate students, who will be taught ‘the treasury and economic history since 1945’ by the former MP and a group of academics.

Speaking yesterday on the Policy Institute’s vision, he said “it is filling an important gap and I am honoured to play my part in helping it succeed”.

Mr Balls was one of the highest profile MPs to lose a seat in last year’s general election. The move is seen to confirm that he has no intention on returning to politics any time soon.

The decision comes after the KCL Policy institute hired former education minister David Willetts last year.

Besides his many political achievements, Ed Balls is infamous for tweeting his name twice on Twitter.

'Legally Blonde' cast members line up within a dance, hands on each others' hips, and leaning forward.

Staff Writer Anwesh Banerjee reviews King’s Musical Theatre Society’s ‘Legally Blonde,’ which played at the Greenwood Theatre from 25th to 27th April, 2024 When...

Outgoing Editor-in-Chief Fintan Hogan argues that an unlikely source may offer lessons for dealing with climate impacts when faced with a divided electorate. As...

In her role as the Chancellor of the University of London, Princess Anne visited the Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences at King College London’s (KCL)...