Film

NEW Agatha Christie drama leaves clues at the Maughan

img_0889

Mysterious red telephone boxes appeared at the Maughan library earlier this morning.

A NEW Agatha Christie drama began filming on Chancery Lane this morning. The set extended to the garden of the Maughan library, with 1920s-style props lacing the entrance of the historic building.

An employee told us of a “murder mystery drama” relating to “Agatha Christie”, but in keeping with the genre, refused to disclose more information.

img_0891

King’s has been the set of films and TV dramas in the past. Last year, Gerard Butler was spotted racing down Strand on the set of the action thriller, London Has Fallen.

Earlier this year, the BBC commissioned a slew of new Agatha Christie adaptations, including a TV reworking of The Witness for the Prosecution. The story is about the murder of an heiress for the inheritance of her family fortune. It is being made into a two-part adaptation by Sarah Phelps.

Speaking to the BBC, Phelps described the plot as “a compelling story of deceit, desire, murder, money and morality, innocence and guilt, heartbreak and – most painful and dangerous of all – love.”

Do you know more about this story? Email us at [email protected]!

Gareth Southgate took the England team to Euros Final 3 years ago at Wembely.

Comment Editor Ruth Otim opens the mini-series project on guerrilla journalism, covering characteristics of the alternative news form. The news stories that are not...

Golden light falls in shards around the silhouettes of Standing at the Sky's Edge cast members, each of which are singing at a microphone. Golden light falls in shards around the silhouettes of Standing at the Sky's Edge cast members, each of which are singing at a microphone.

King's Scientists at the Royal Society Summer Exhibition 2024. Image courtesy of Alena Lastovko. King's Scientists at the Royal Society Summer Exhibition 2024. Image courtesy of Alena Lastovko.

KCLSU logo KCLSU logo

Staff Writer Deborah Solomon reviews the sharp, feverish ‘Challengers’, starring Zendaya, Josh O’Connor, and Mike Faist. “Some things are just meant to happen,” leading...

Staff writer Thomas Chamberlain recounts the turbulent life of US diplomat, Henry Kissinger. “Henry Kissinger dies celebrated,” begins Simon Tisdall’s editorial for The Guardian...