Film

NEW Agatha Christie drama leaves clues at the Maughan

img_0889

Mysterious red telephone boxes appeared at the Maughan library earlier this morning.

A NEW Agatha Christie drama began filming on Chancery Lane this morning. The set extended to the garden of the Maughan library, with 1920s-style props lacing the entrance of the historic building.

An employee told us of a “murder mystery drama” relating to “Agatha Christie”, but in keeping with the genre, refused to disclose more information.

img_0891

King’s has been the set of films and TV dramas in the past. Last year, Gerard Butler was spotted racing down Strand on the set of the action thriller, London Has Fallen.

Earlier this year, the BBC commissioned a slew of new Agatha Christie adaptations, including a TV reworking of The Witness for the Prosecution. The story is about the murder of an heiress for the inheritance of her family fortune. It is being made into a two-part adaptation by Sarah Phelps.

Speaking to the BBC, Phelps described the plot as “a compelling story of deceit, desire, murder, money and morality, innocence and guilt, heartbreak and – most painful and dangerous of all – love.”

Do you know more about this story? Email us at [email protected]!

SHAG Week banner

Staff writer Thomas Chamberlain recounts the turbulent life of US diplomat, Henry Kissinger. “Henry Kissinger dies celebrated,” begins Simon Tisdall’s editorial for The Guardian...

Staff Writer Kiaan Davids reviews Martin Scorsese’s latest Western crime drama film – “Killers of the Flower Moon”, in theatres now. At 80, Martin...

Editor-in-Chief Fintan Hogan looks at the role of the news media in its coverage of conflict after an apology from The New York Times...

KCL’s team on BBC quiz show University Challenge depart in the first round after loss to Lincoln College, Oxford. Broadcast on Monday evening, King’s...