Row your way to KCL

KCL Boat Club is looking forward to welcoming new rowers to one of the most successful sports clubs at the university.

Last year, after kicking off with the Fresher BBQ, the squads showed their potential at the annual Cambridge Tour, with 6 fresher crews competing. United Hospitals and University of London competitions continued throughout the year, with all the crews showing improvement.

Scores of freshers went on to row in the senior squad this year. First years Ellie Baker and Steffi Stone were in the first eight which won the novice academic pennant at Women’s Eights Head of the River with a record-breaking time.

In May, 21 beginners rep- resented the club at BUCS Regatta, held at the National Water Sports Centre in Nottingham. They came away with top results in both beginner and intermediate categories.

It’s not all training and competing, though. We have regular socials from Walkabout on Wednesday nights to the black-tie Christmas party.

If you’ve rowed before, come to our senior trials on Saturday 22nd September. If you’re new to the sport, come to the Fresher BBQ on 25th September where you can try your hand at rowing before enjoying some food and KCLBC’s infamous cocktails.

Please visit our website www. theboatclub.org.uk for further details, follow us on Twitter @Kings_Rowing, or look out for us at the freshers’ fair.