Answering The Question on Everyone’s Lips: What Are Those Massive Inflatables Outside Bush House?

Giant inflatables outside Bush House

The giant blow-up structures on the Strand campus are part of a Glowbot Garden exhibition, held in a collaboration with Air Giants and the King’s College London Department for Engineering.

The display will be held from Wednesday 17 to Saturday 20 January in the pedestrianised area between Bush House and the Strand building. These giant white structures will be lit up in different colours throughout the evening.

Image courtesy of Kiren Graziano

These ‘Air Giants’ are described as “inflatable, pneumatically controlled creatures, many of which are taller than double-decker buses”. These are “AI powered” and respond to the movement of those around them. Figures include giant snails and archways. One member of the assembly team described the figures as “giant inflatable monsters” when asked about them by a Roar editor.

Video courtesy of Fintan Hogan

King’s Culture will be holding a series of events in support of the exhibition.

This display is being funded by Northbank BID, the business improvement district of Aldwych, Strand and Trafalgar Square area. This Glowbot exhibition is described as part of a “programme of educational and creative commissions activity in the Strand Aldwych area intended to connect the public and local communities with life-long learning, research, art and performance”.

SHAG Week banner

Staff Writer Danila Patti examines the historic connection between the fantasy works of J.R.R. Tolkien and the Italian Far Right. In 1977, a Southern...

The Reverend of St Mary le Strand Church has told Roar that he expects renovations to take place in March and to only take...

Staff Writer Sophie Jacobs reviews the RE/SISTERS exhibition which took place at The Barbican’s Art Gallery. Featuring photography, film and poetry by women and...

The popular Tesco Express by the Strand campus has been shut until Friday 16 February for store improvements. While the renovations began over the...