How you can get involved with King’s Climate and Sustainability Month

Courtesy of the Sustainability Team

This February, KCLSU is partnering with King’s Sustainability Team to facilitate a month of events that encourage more engagement from students, staff, and alumni with sustainability and the climate. 

The events you can get involved with are themed around the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The month is also in collaboration with King’s Climate Action Network (CAN), and staff Sustainability Champions.

The climate crisis is continually manifesting itself in our day-to-day news. Whether it be floods in Pakistan, COP27 highlighting how far we have to go, or global warming disrupting the winter ski season, learning about sustainability is becoming more and more important to engage with the world moving forward. 

“Getting involved in sustainability at King’s is a great opportunity to learn about topics that are inevitably affecting each field, to connect with like-minded people, and share your concerns. You can be empowered to take action and drive change collectively” says Jone De Roode Jauregui, Climate Action Assistant at King’s. 

See the full calendar of events here. There are over 30 online and in-person events across different campuses at the university. They go from learning about renewable energy, to discovering careers in sustainability, to making seed-bombs! 

The Sustainability Team offers many other opportunities for students to get involved. For example, the Sustainability and Climate Module is open to anyone at KCL, allowing individuals to build detailed knowledge about sustainability, as well as the opportunity to gain a King’s Experience Award. Throughout the month, the Team and its various projects will be presenting initiatives which students can support. 

See the Sustainability Team’s socials for further updates on the events:  Instagram / Twitter / subscribe to the newsletter 

Outgoing Editor-in-Chief Fintan Hogan argues that an unlikely source may offer lessons for dealing with climate impacts when faced with a divided electorate. As...

On 26 March, Dr Charlotte Hulme of West Point was invited to speak about her book Corporate Climate Action, Transnational Politics, and World Order....

Staff writer Kayla Rahaman examines King’s College London’s sustainability efforts in the context of a worsening climate crisis internationally. 2023 marked the hottest year...