Dec 3rd Student Fight Night London

Photo courtesy of Student Fight Night London

Website & Mobile App Lead, Angeline Wang, announces Student Fight Night London Round 3, a fun black-tie event happening on 3 December 2023.

Student Fight Night London comes from Wilder Boxing and is run by students with student participants from all over London. They will be hosting Round 3 of this event on 3 December 2023 at the Clapham Grand Theatre, and you can attend by grabbing tickets here!

The organisation also hosts events in Cambridge, Durham, Loughborough, Nottingham and Sheffield in the past and it has expanded to Bournemouth, Edinburgh, Leicester, Liverpool, Lincoln and Portsmouth.

This is an amateur white collar boxing event and many of us have decided to get involved for a brand new experience, and it has certainly been an exciting one!

We have been trained by amazing experienced coaches who’ve given us the skills and kept us in shape for this event. Training has been happening for seven weeks leading up to the date, and we have been paired with opponents suiting our level for a fruitful night of fights. The event will involve a range of male and female fighters with different experience levels, so it will be a fun watch regardless of your own understanding of the sport.

Here’s a taste of some of the fights that will be happening:

We have also been raising funds for the OddBalls Foundation to participate in this event and you can find my Just Giving page here. The OddBalls Foundation helps raise awareness for testicular cancer, encouraging men to get tested early and removing the stigma to save lives.

The event will be held at the Clapham Grand Theatre on Sunday 3 December 2023. Alongside being the Website Lead at Roar News, I’ll be participating in this as my first boxing event, and will be excited to see you there!

So bring your friends along for this fun black tie event with hundreds of other attendees. Grab your tickets here (from £30) before they sell out, and again, this is a part of charity fundraising.

Come to feel the heat and the excitement with us! And if you enjoy the event and are interested in fighting, you’ll have the opportunity to apply to become a fighter in Round 4…

Maughan library

Roar can exclusively reveal that Vice-Chancellor Shitij Kapur’s flat within the Maughan Library is 1,800 square feet (167 square meters) and that the university...

Roar Staff Writer Leah Napier-Raikes takes on the UK’s housing crisis, linking it with the rise of the short-term lets and the uptick in...

Julian Assange protest Julian Assange protest

On Tuesday 20 February and Wednesday 21 February, protesters gathered outside the Royal Courts of Justice near King’s College London’s Strand campus, demanding the...

Writer, Sam Bryan, discusses the upcoming Six Nations and what the implications of last year’s World Cup mean headed into the tournament. Winter has...

Roar are delighted to announce that the December 2023 print edition is available to King’s students from today. Pick up your copy from:

Sports writer Sam McManus discusses the controversial win for Tyson Fury against Francis Ngannou in one of the most anticipated boxing events of the...

Writer Saoirse Byrne comments on the early success of the KCL Women’s Rugby as they kicked off the new season with a fantastic result...