Maughan Hub: Sue Grey Essay Extension To Be Approved After Number 10 Intervention

Maughan Hub: Thanks to KCL, Four More Strains of Covid-19 Exist

Maughan Hub is a series of articles written by KCL’s Comedy Society members. We hope they entertain you wherever you are!

Roar News reports that the KCL Assessment Sub Board, following an intervention from the UK government, will approve Sue Grey’s essay extension with unprecedented haste, although she never requested an extension.

Grey is understood to be devastated by not being allowed to hand in her essay on time. She told Roar News, ‘I wrote my essay [“Party Animals: Inside the Great Cake Ambush at Number 10 Downing Street”] with a day or two to spare. I had my essay all referenced, proofread, pages numbered, ready to upload to Keats. Sadly, for reasons I can’t go into, the vagaries of circumstance conspired to divert me from my track. Instead, I have to fill in a KCL mitigating circumstances form in order to get a guaranteed extension. All this makes me think they don’t want to read my essay for some reason. Maybe my essay was deemed too critical. It’s just ridiculous, and unjust.’

By all accounts an exemplar student, Grey has conducted quality qualitative research, with exhaustive interviews. The 2500 word essay is worth 60% of the marks for students taking the ‘6P1SS Satire Studies’ module. The compulsory module, held in collaboration with the department of politics, was the least favourite part of her job course, she said.

However, due to administrative error, Grey’s mitigating circumstances can only be approved after the original deadline, rendering the extension useless. Therefore her work may never be read in its entirety. A KCL insider who wishes to remain anonymous revealed “I hasten to add much more”. 

Staff writer Connor Williams reviews the delightfully dark show “Ruination” and then interviews its director, Ben Duke.  Planning a trip to the Underworld this...

“The King’s Jester” is a satire column that Roar runs in collaboration with the KCL Comedy Club. If you’re interested in writing an article...

“The King’s Jester” is a satire column that Roar runs in collaboration with the KCL Comedy Club. If you’re interested in writing an article for this...