KCL Dance Society Scoops 11 Awards at the Essex Dance Competitions

KCL Dance Society’s Fusion Competition Team won first place in not one but 11 categories – for Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip-Hop, Duo, best choreography, best male dancer, best female dancer, and best costume – at the Essex Competitions. That is, they won in every category that was running.

Fusion Competition Team at Essex Dance Competitions

In total, the Society has won 25 trophies this year, including those won at the Royal Holloway University of London Dance Competition and the Competitions organized by the Society at King’s, as well as Essex.

Alex Theoklitou, KCL Dance Society President, said that “I think what makes us such a strong team is the bond we have between us. It honestly feels like we’re a family, a pretty big family but a family nonetheless. We always get so much support from one another and that connection we have comes across on stage and it’s actually one of the things judges always comment on.”

KCL Just Dance It Competition

The Society is organizing their annual show ‘London Calling’ to showcase the performances of their teams on the 16th, 17th, and 18th of March. All the money raised from ticket sales goes to charities Southwark Children’s Brass Band, Parkinson’s Can Dance, and icandance.

Get tickets here