King’s Ranked 20th in the World for Social Sciences

King’s has climbed seven places to reach the 20th spot in the 2015/16 Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Social Sciences.

Joining Cambridge, Oxford, LSE and UCL, King’s is now part the UK’s top five for Social Sciences.

The Times Higher Education World University Rankings score 800 institutions worldwide according to their teaching, research, citations, industry income and international outlook.

Dean for the Faculty of Social Sciences and Public Policy at King’s, Professor Frans Berkhout, said: “The announcement is further recognition of the world leading education and research we have at King’s from across all areas of the social sciences.”

The position is the highest King’s has ever achieved for the subject ranking.

Emily Webster, a third year War Studies student, commented: “it’s really exciting to be part of a department that’s globally recognised.”

The Faculty of Social Sciences and Public Policy is not the only department to excel in the 2015/16 world rankings. The faculty for Clinical, Pre-clinical and Health has risen to 8th place, whilst Arts and Humanities climbed 8 places to 15th position.

King’s College London spinouts secured £134 million in equity investment in 2022, the fourth-largest amount of all UK universities. University spinout companies use research,...

King’s College London was ranked tenth in the QS Europe 2024 rankings overall, but only came in at 64th on employment outcomes. The ranking...

Comment Editor Samuel Pennifold on the UK Government’s decision to go ahead with the easing of all Covid-19 restrictions on July 19. The UK’s...