Music

KCL’S Tom Bleasby Sings with Jessie J on The Ellen Show

The nineteen year-old singer spoke out against bullying and sang ‘Flashlight’ on the US talk show last week.

Tom Bleasby, a nineteen year-old KCL student, appeared on The Ellen Show after tweeting to the beloved host Ellen Degeneres, starting the hashtag #TomBleasbyOnEllen.

Responding to Bleasby, Degeneres invited him onto the show to talk about bullying and his vocal gifts.

Bleasby became a viral sensation earlier this year following a YouTube duet with Jessie J via the app Sing! By Smule. The video currently has nearly 12 million views and led to a spot for Bleasby on The X Factor.

Unbeknownst to him, Jessie J was hidden backstage on The Ellen Show and emerged to duet her hit ‘Flashlight’ with an overwhelmed Bleasby.

Tom has since left The X Factor before the judges’ houses, reportedly under the guidance of Jessie J. Bleasby claimed that he does not feel “vocally ready enough” to compete just yet.

Who knows what will come next – a single with Jessie J, perhaps?

Watch the full interview and performance below via The Ellen Show on YouTube:

An artist's impression of gravitational waves. An artist's impression of gravitational waves.

Members of the KCL Encampment attempt to force entry into the KCL alumni awards Members of the KCL Encampment attempt to force entry into the KCL alumni awards

On Tuesday 11 June, King’s College London’s (KCL) annual Alumni Awards night, recognising a small number of KCL alumni for their achievements over the...

Close-Up Shot of Peanuts Close-Up Shot of Peanuts

From the 21st to the 23rd of May, King’s College London (KCL) hosted the second London Defence Conference (LDC), Roar sent a team of...