Isil terror suspect was offered a place at King’s College London

ONE of the men arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences is believed be a student who was offered a place to study at King’s.

Tarik Hassane, 21, reportedly dubbed ‘The Surgeon’, was one of four men arrested in armed raids in London on Tuesday in relation to an Isil-related terror plot.

A spokesperson from King’s told Roar today: “Tarik Hassane applied to King’s in 2013 for a place on a Medical programme and a Pharmacy programme.

“Following our standard selection process, he was made a conditional offer for both but did not achieve the required grades for either.”

This is contrary to some reports which cite different subjects.

In an online discussion Hassane wrote that he had “missed out by a couple of grades”.

The student eventually decided to study in Sudan and, according to the Sun, lived at Princess Alice House, near Ladbroke Grove, West London.

Under terror legislation the men could potentially be held without charge and questioned for up to 14 days.

All four men remain in police custody.