Roar Win Big At This Year’s National Awards

Roar News collected five of the eight awards it was nominated for at this year’s Student Publication Association National Convention (SPANC).

The publication came in first for Best Overall Digital Media and was Highly Commended for the Roar app in the Best Project or Initiative category. The app was built and maintained by Angeline Wang.

Lucy Dyer, who judged the Digital Media award, said that she has “enjoyed reading this publication for a few years now, and this year they made it even easier with one big change.”

“This publication launched a mobile app, developed entirely in-house by their website lead… and it’s very, very impressive.”

Lucy Dyer, News Associates

Several individual Roar staff also took home awards:

• Editor-in-Chief Fintan Hogan won the Billy Dowling-Reid Award for Outstanding Commitment
  • News Editor Daisy Eastlake and Staff Writer Diana Rajabalinia won Best Investigation for their KCL Tories piece
  • Photography Lead Emma Carmichael was given a Special Mention in the Best Student Photographer Category

Roar congratulates all of its contributors on their well-deserved awards this year, and thanks the SPA for its recognition and support.

Music Festival Stage and Crowd Music Festival Stage and Crowd

Scammers claiming to be members of staff at King’s College London (KCL) have targeted students at the university. On 9 May, King’s sent an...

Roar can reveal that King’s College London (KCL) has spent £48,401.27 promoting the use of the ‘King’s Student’ app since its launch in autumn...

On Thursday 2 May, King’s College London Students’ Union (KCLSU) staff were internally informed that three elected student representatives were being reinstated. “I write...