Long-Awaited Music Festival ‘Coachella’ Disappoints

Image by TimShell. Sourced from Wikimedia Commons. Made available under the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication. The image has been cropped.

Roar writer Diya Nadeem reports on “Coachella” 2022, a music festival that she claims failed to live up to its hype. 

The long-awaited musical festival, “Coachella“, has failed to meet expectations. The music festival returned to the barren deserts of California after being cancelled two years in a row due to the pandemic. With missing headliners, stranded influencers, and disappointing outfits, “Coachella” 2022 has left attendees furious.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccgcuftv6XP/

The festival had disappointed many before it had even begun, after the scheduled headliner – Kanye West – dropped out weeks before the festival. According to the Complex, Coachella producers were left “blind-sighted” after West’s sudden decision, desperate to find a replacement on such short notice.

After no official statement, West was soon replaced by Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, otherwise known as The Weeknd. However, sources report that Abel would only agree to headline the festival if he was assured the same payment as West was offered – reportedly $8,000,000.

An exclusive, invite-only section of the festival created quite an uproar itself. Revolve – the new, designer fashion brand – hosted their own event at Coachella called the “Revolve Festival”. The event left Influencers furious after they were “stranded in the dirt with no water” and “under the hot sun for hours”, according to LA Mag’s Joseph Kapsch.

With attendees such as Jack Harlow, the Kardashians, and Post Malone, security were reportedly told to accommodate the VIPS over the “non-VIP’s”. The representative for Revolve told E! News: “The safety of our guests is of utmost importance to us and we will always make that our priority.” Yet, Kapsch had claimed the festival was the opposite of safe, with “alleged fights” and “screaming.”

Jacob Anderson speaking at the 2019 San Diego Comic Con International, for "Game of Thrones", at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California. Jacob Anderson is a lead in Interview with a Vampire.

Staff Writer Mohana Mitra examines the successes and unanswered questions of ‘Interview with a Vampire’ Part II. (This article contains spoilers) Immortality beats a...

Staff writer Claire Ducharme examines the recent French fast fashion bill and its implications on sustainability in the industry. On 14 March 2024, France’s...