Long-Awaited Music Festival ‘Coachella’ Disappoints

Image by TimShell. Sourced from Wikimedia Commons. Made available under the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication. The image has been cropped.

Roar writer Diya Nadeem reports on “Coachella” 2022, a music festival that she claims failed to live up to its hype. 

The long-awaited musical festival, “Coachella“, has failed to meet expectations. The music festival returned to the barren deserts of California after being cancelled two years in a row due to the pandemic. With missing headliners, stranded influencers, and disappointing outfits, “Coachella” 2022 has left attendees furious.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccgcuftv6XP/

The festival had disappointed many before it had even begun, after the scheduled headliner – Kanye West – dropped out weeks before the festival. According to the Complex, Coachella producers were left “blind-sighted” after West’s sudden decision, desperate to find a replacement on such short notice.

After no official statement, West was soon replaced by Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, otherwise known as The Weeknd. However, sources report that Abel would only agree to headline the festival if he was assured the same payment as West was offered – reportedly $8,000,000.

An exclusive, invite-only section of the festival created quite an uproar itself. Revolve – the new, designer fashion brand – hosted their own event at Coachella called the “Revolve Festival”. The event left Influencers furious after they were “stranded in the dirt with no water” and “under the hot sun for hours”, according to LA Mag’s Joseph Kapsch.

With attendees such as Jack Harlow, the Kardashians, and Post Malone, security were reportedly told to accommodate the VIPS over the “non-VIP’s”. The representative for Revolve told E! News: “The safety of our guests is of utmost importance to us and we will always make that our priority.” Yet, Kapsch had claimed the festival was the opposite of safe, with “alleged fights” and “screaming.”

SHAG Week banner SHAG Week banner

Staff Writer Mina Yasar dissects all elements of the new fashion trend of 2024 – the ‘mob wife aesthetic’. If you use any social...

Staff writer Vidushi Sahni reviews the influential Drop School podcast for fashion entrepreneurs. In a world where hype has become everything, it has become...

Staff Writer Marko Blanusa shares the best tips, tricks and practices for thriving at the opera as a student. Young people are often put...

Staff Writer Kayla Rahaman discusses Green Day’s ”American Idiot” lyric switch on New Year’s Eve and reflects on its cultural implications. Performing live in...