King’s Sports Update: King’s Badminton Club

Staff writer Garbiel Alzamora Vaquer on the opening fixtures of the KCL Badminton Club.

The Badminton season has started, and no one said it was going to be easy. In the last month, the first fixtures have taken place, and we can confirm that the King’s Badminton Club is on the right track to victory, although there are still some areas of improvement.

While the Women’s 1st and 2nd team have already accumulated some important victories, such as the ones against UCL 1 (6-2) and UCL 2 (6-2), the Men’s 1st team haven’t had as good a start to the season. They have faced and lost against the big fishes of the competition, such as UCL 1 (1-7) and Oxford (1-7). Although, this is just the beginning of a very long tournament. It does not matter where you start but where you finish.

The Men’s 2nd, 3rd and 4th team are going through a sweet moment, however, with multiple wins, some draws and few defeats. Also, we should not neglect the magnificent performance of both the 1st and 2nd Mixed teams who have comfortably won against opponents such UCL 1 or Royal Holloway by 7-2 difference.

Overall, the balance is good despite some defeats. As it is commonly said, Rome was not built in a day. It is clear that more victories are soon to come. What’s important, is that either they win or lose, the teams are having fun playing a sport they love.

Florian Hansen, a PhD student, has been struggling with “strategic inefficiency” from King’s College London’s administration over the last three years in regards to...

Basketball (Men’s) Arguably the best event of the Varsity series so far in this one. The tension was absolutely killing and it was so...

Basketball (Men’s) The men’s team started off their season in good fashion, with a mixed bag of results in 1st term including a 116-47...

Boat Club This year the Rowing event returns to its normal Chiswick location, with KCL in good form o take home the title. A...