Senior Vice President Responds to Coronavirus Petition

Senior Vice President Chris Mottershead has responded to the petition created by Students Against Coronavirus KCL, saying that the university will “remain open”.

Created on March 5 shortly after King’s announced the first confirmed case, the petition insisted that online classes be provided for students. As of now there are almost 4,000 signatures.

The Senior Vice President responded to this by stating that the university will remain open and assured students that the patient “had not attended any lectures when they were unwell” which meant that the risk to the community is low.

He also advised students to follow Public Health England’s advice and use the NHS 111 Coronavirus service. He later added to “remain calm and support your friends and colleagues in following this advice”.

If you feel that you may need to self-isolate, contact the NHS 111 Coronavirus service, notify King’s via [email protected] and notify your personal tutor and/or department to ensure appropriate support.

Additional information about the virus can also be found in this website.

Features editor Govhar Dadashova offers an in-depth overview of the upcoming European elections, examining the EU’s structure and who voters expect to see at...