London Varsity Series 2020: ROWING

Kings retained their rowing win in this years Varsity, winning 5 out of 6 events and comprehensively hammering our Gower rivals. The day started off very well for KCL with the Senior Women’s 4+ category sweeping to victory against their counterparts, to the jubilation of the waiting fans. The Senior Men’s 4+ was much closer, but Kings also managed to come out on top. The Novice Mens 8+ seemed to have secured the victory for Kings but with UCL equipment failing within the first 100m, the race was redone. In the meantime, the Women’s Novice 8+ category gave their best but came up short as UCL took the win. The re-row took place and despite the UCL excuses Kings came out on top again with another significant win, confirming the retention of the Varsity win. The Senior Women’s 8+ category got back out on the water and once again won again, further asserting King’s dominance.

The final category of Senior Men’s 8+ had a close race but wrapped up the day by giving Kings a 5-1 win to close out rowing and bring home a vital Varsity point.