KCLSU launch “Team of the week” scheme

KCLSU have launched a “team of the week scheme” this year, highlighting exceptional performances, players and runs of form across sports.

Sports societies can submit their entry for the weekly prize on an online form, highlighting what they’re proud of and putting themselves in the running to get recognition across KCLSU media outlets.

So far, the KCL Badminton Men’s first team, GKT Women’s hockey third team and KCL Fencing women’s first team have scooped up the prize, showcasing the breadth and scope of the award. The Badminton team were picked for a dominant first win in the premier league since promotion, the GKT hockey team for a 10-0 demolition of Canterbury and the Fencing squad for their continued undefeated streak.

The award is an opportunity for all sorts of teams to gain recognition and publicity for not only notable achievements and performances, but also upcoming star fixtures – regardless of division or the sport’s popularity.

Collector of Tesco clubcard points.
Twitter.com/louisjacques_

Staff Writer, Oliver Harrison comments on England’s performances in the recent international friendlies, with an insight into what fans may expect at the upcoming...