BREAKING: Shooting at London Bridge causes Guy’s lockdown

LONDON BRIDGE, Friday Afternoon

Gunshots were reported at London Bridge Friday afternoon, causing people to run off the bridge, and cars to attempt abrupt u-turns. Police promptly blocked off the area, in addition to King’s College London’s Guy’s Campus, located just off the bridge. London Bridge station and Borough market are also closed.

A man is believed to have attacked civilians with a knife. The recorded gunshots were from police who shot and killed the man.

The Metropolitan Police confirm on Twitter that “as a precaution, we are currently responding to this incident as though it is terror-related”

To the BBC, John McManus, at the scene, said he had seen a group of men in a fight on the bridge.

According to Sky News, five people were attacked by the man before police intervened.

It is not yet confirmed whether the stabbing victims were acquaintances of the suspect.

Meanwhile, civilians on Twitter are reporting Oxford Circus Station being locked down and evacuated after reports of a suspicious package. It is not confirmed whether the incidents are related.

https://twitter.com/danhardaker/status/1200421687898054657

The emergency services are treating the London Bridge situation as a “major incident”, according to London Ambulance Service on Twitter.

“We are aware of reports circulating on social media. We will release facts when we can – our info must be accurate.”, the Metropolitan Police write in a tweet.

Roar News will follow the case and report all relevant information.