Taylor Swift gives shout out to King’s College London at Brit Awards

QUEEN of pop and all-round babe Taylor Swift gave a shout out to King’s after she won Best International Female at the Brit Awards last night.

Speaking backstage after the event she said: “I started out playing King’s College and eight years later I’m getting ready to play Hyde Park” adding: “It’s like… what?'”

Swifty played her first ever UK gig at the old Tutu’s nightclub in the Macadam Building at Strand in 2008  – around the time of the release of her first hit single ‘Love Story’ from her second album Fearless.

Taylor Swift plays in Tutu's at King's College London in 2008 / King's Venues

Swift is not the only Brit Award-winning superstar to have graced the Tutu’s stage – Arcade Fire, Haim, and the Foo Fighters (who won Best International Group last night) have also played Tutu’s.

The five-time multi-platinum singer beat the likes of Beyoncé and Lana Del Rey to last night’s award – her first British award after eight years of releasing records in the UK.

Roar Staff Writer Patrick Schnecker discusses Romania’s upcoming election, identifying the main players, what they stand for, and what will happen if they triumph...

Staff Writer Govhar Dadashova retells her experience stumbling into the March for Life in Washington, D.C. and calls for the pro-life camp to show...

Maughan library Maughan library

Roar can exclusively reveal that Vice-Chancellor Shitij Kapur’s flat within the Maughan Library is 1,800 square feet (167 square meters) and that the university...

Roar Staff Writer Leah Napier-Raikes takes on the UK’s housing crisis, linking it with the rise of the short-term lets and the uptick in...