Taylor Swift gives shout out to King’s College London at Brit Awards

QUEEN of pop and all-round babe Taylor Swift gave a shout out to King’s after she won Best International Female at the Brit Awards last night.

Speaking backstage after the event she said: “I started out playing King’s College and eight years later I’m getting ready to play Hyde Park” adding: “It’s like… what?'”

Swifty played her first ever UK gig at the old Tutu’s nightclub in the Macadam Building at Strand in 2008  – around the time of the release of her first hit single ‘Love Story’ from her second album Fearless.

Taylor Swift plays in Tutu's at King's College London in 2008 / King's Venues

Swift is not the only Brit Award-winning superstar to have graced the Tutu’s stage – Arcade Fire, Haim, and the Foo Fighters (who won Best International Group last night) have also played Tutu’s.

The five-time multi-platinum singer beat the likes of Beyoncé and Lana Del Rey to last night’s award – her first British award after eight years of releasing records in the UK.