Murder investigation underway after Waterloo bus stop death

DETECTIVES have launched a murder investigation after a man died following an assault at a bus stop outside Waterloo station.

Police were called to Waterloo Road at around 2:45am on Saturday 3 January and found a man – believed to be in his 40s – with serious head injuries.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 29-year-old man was arrested nearby on suspicion of murder and taken to a nearby police station.

The victim has not yet been formally identified but the Met Police are in the process of informing the next-of-kin.

Scotland Yard say they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.

Det Ch Insp Diane Tudway, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “This is a very busy part of London frequented by both commuters and those on a night out.

“My team is keen to hear from anyone who was in the area or passing by at the time of this incident, and may have witnessed what occurred or seen something that could assist the investigation.”

Anyone with information is being urged to contact the police incident room on 0208 721 4005 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Staff Writer Mohammed Mustafa Ali discusses the future positive impacts of AI, including the future of biotechnology, business and space travel. As proven by...