KCL Space: Reflections on a Successful Year

Members of KCL Space Society standing with NASA Astronaut Dominic Antonelli

As the 2022/2023 academic year comes to an end, KCL Space has held a number of captivating events in which members have had the opportunity to further develop their interest in the field of space. Here is a short reflection of just some of the events the society participated in.

In March, members of the society represented KCL Space at the 2023 National Student Space Conference held at the University of Manchester, which is the UK’s biggest student space conference. The conference was an opportunity to join talks and lectures on the field from various companies and industry experts, as well as to network with other UKSEDS (UK Students for the Exploration and Development of Space) chapters.

Committee members: Yassin Ali, Srinidhi Dantu, Jenna Min, Jana Bazeed, Isha Parvaiz, Ahlam Abdi, Mohammed Mustafa Ali, Mohammed AbuSadeh

The final event of the year, held at King’s Waterloo Campus was equally as anticipated. The society welcomed NASA astronaut Dominic Antonelli for a special talk. A veteran of two space flights, Antonelli has spent a total of 24 days, 3 hours, 57 minutes and 35 seconds in space, and shared valuable insight to the students about his experiences, encouraging a future generation of space enthusiasts.

In photo: Torsten Hoffmann, Mohammed Mustafa Ali, Srinidhi Dantu, Astronaut Dominic Antonelli, Isha Parvaiz

Be sure to look out for more events next year from KCL Space!