King’s student found guilty of indecent assault

A King’s medical surgery student has been convicted for indecent assault. 

Junior doctor, Philip Queree, 37, was convicted of indecently assaulting a woman he met on Tinder, by grabbing her breasts with force during sex.

The Jersey Magistrate’s Court heard evidence the woman, who is known as Ms. X, for legal reasons, was assaulted by Queree who pulled her hair and repeatedly squeezed her breasts, despite the woman telling him to stop as ‘it hurt’.

Queree, who was in his third year of medicine and surgery at the College, previously denied the offence, but has now withdrawn from his studies.

He has now been placed on the Sex Offenders’ Register for a term of five years.

Queree must now complete 180 hours’ community service after his trial in August. His barrister, Daniel Steenson, has stated that his dreams of becoming a doctor are now ‘substantially ruined’. Roar reached out to Mr. Steenson, who declined to comment for ‘obvious reasons’.

Upon sentencing Queree, the magistrate, Ms. Bridget Shaw, noted: “This was a serious sexual assault. It is not the most serious sexual assault but it is not at the lower end of the scale.”

Roar contacted the College for comment and a spokesperson stated: ‘We are not in a position to comment on this individual case at this time. More information on our general policies around student conduct can be found in our governance zone.’

Queree is set to appeal his case in the Royal Court.

Organisations to raise awareness about sexual assault and harassment are available: It Stops Here, PSVI, Victim Support.

Gareth Southgate took the England team to Euros Final 3 years ago at Wembely.

Comment Editor Ruth Otim opens the mini-series project on guerrilla journalism, covering characteristics of the alternative news form. The news stories that are not...

Golden light falls in shards around the silhouettes of Standing at the Sky's Edge cast members, each of which are singing at a microphone. Golden light falls in shards around the silhouettes of Standing at the Sky's Edge cast members, each of which are singing at a microphone.

King's Scientists at the Royal Society Summer Exhibition 2024. Image courtesy of Alena Lastovko. King's Scientists at the Royal Society Summer Exhibition 2024. Image courtesy of Alena Lastovko.

KCLSU logo KCLSU logo