Controversial visiting prof David Willetts to speak at Guy’s tomorrow

CONTROVERSIAL King’s professor David Willetts will be speaking at a Guy’s campus event on “The Future of the NHS” tomorrow evening.

The Tory ex-minister, who was responsible for the trebling of tuition fees, will be speaking at a “Christmas Question Time” organised by GKT Medical Student Student’s at 7:30pm on Tuesday.

Angry students behind the ‘Boycott Willetts’ campaign are attending to protest the £9000 tuition fees implemented by Willetts in 2010.

On the alternative event on Facebook “Democratise KCL” described the appointment as “a slap in the face” to current undergrads.

“Two Brains” Willetts, who notoriously claimed feminism had held back working men in 2011, will be answering students’ questions on healthcare and policy.

Other speakers at the event includes Labour’s deputy leader in the Lords and the Dean of the Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery.

The event, which is at Harris Lecture theatre, is free but you can register for tickets here.

Let’s hope Tuesday isn’t a repeat of his clash with Southampton students.