Your chance to meet some of the biggest names in journalism

By Ben Jackson –

The editorial teams from the top forty student newspapers in the UK are meeting on Wednesday April 17th at the Frontline Club, London’s central media house. The event is triumphantly titled, ‘The future of British journalism.’

Some of Roar!’s very own editors will be in attendance. You, too, now have the opportunity to come along!

The organisers are offering the chance for 10-15 students unaffiliated with their student paper to attend the event, being made possible by The Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies and Teach First.

If you’ve written for Roar!, or are involved in other KCLSU societies and wish to come along, please email [email protected] with your request.

Billed as ‘a meeting of the country’s top student newspapers’, this event surely cannot be missed.

The event is set to take place in the evening, beginning with a drinks reception before moving to panel debates and talks with speakers.

The big names set to speak are John Witherow, editor of The Times, Sarah Baxter, editor of The Sunday Times Magazine, Ian Katz, deputy editor at The Guardian and Steve Richards of The Independent.

The evening will serve as an opportunity to meet other students running the best campus newspapers, with publications from Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, York, Warwick and St Andrews among those attending.

You can follow Ben Jackson on Twitter at @bjacksonuk

KCLWRFC celebrate LUSL success