His Majesty took part in a scheduled public appearance to mark the first day of London Fashion Week at NEWGEN 180 The Strand.
The King’s appearance on the Strand follows the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor at Sandringham this morning on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
BBC News reported that neither His Majesty nor Buckingham Palace were informed in advance of his arrest.
Thames Valley Police confirmed it had arrested a man in his 60s in Norfolk on Thursday and was carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk. He remains in custody, it said.
At 12pm today the King released the following statement:
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”
“As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
His Majesty arrived at approximately 14:15 before leaving the event at around 15:15. Upon arrival, the King was met with questions from journalists asking for his reaction to his brother’s arrest. He was also met by a substantial number of heckles from the public.
He did not respond to the waiting press and walked into the building. The street was blocked off by police, and the monarch was accompanied by his personal security detail.
Inside, the King was invited to join the front row for the opening show of London Fashion Week 2026. Along with invited guests from across the fashion industry, His Majesty watched a show from British-Nigerian designer, Tolu Coker.
British rapper Little Simz performed during the event, two seats down His Majesty. Several notable figures in the fashion world, including Stella McCartney and Suzy Menkes, were also present.
One attendee told Roar that Charles was “very chatty and engaged, fully focused on his engagement.”
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, eighth in line to the British throne, lost his ‘Prince’ title late last year. He left his Windsor mansion, Royal Lodge, earlier this month following weeks of intense scrutiny over his links to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
The former Prince has previously denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein. He has not responded to any of the specific allegations in relation to the release of millions of files related to Epstein in recent months.