London Festivals To Look Out For in 2024

Music Festival Stage and Crowd
Music Festival Stage and Crowd

Staff Writer Cruz Glynka overviews London’s music festival offer and recommends six events worth checking out.

The weather is warming, and the sun is peering out of the clouds. That means the festival season is upon us, and plenty of choices are available in London. There is no need to worry about tents or travelling far because some amazing events are only an Oyster card away. With so many options, it can be hard to decide where to go, so here are our top destinations for the summer:

Project 6

Providing some of the best of British music while celebrating 30 years of renowned Rinse FM, you can expect to hear some jungle, garage, drill and much more. The festival has hosted some of the biggest names in these genres over the last three decades, so you can certainly expect to be pleased. If this isn’t tempting enough, the festival will boost artists from across the pond, among them the legendary Madlib teamed with Freddie Gibbs (MadGibbs).

Date: Friday, 24 May 2024

Line-up includes: Lady Dynamite, AJ Tracey, Nines, Shy FX, Katy B, Unknown T, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, Mala, Benga

Location: Brockwell Park, Brixton

See here for more information.

Cross The Tracks

Bringing jazz, funk, soul and hip hop, Cross The Tracks will immerse you in amazing music with a diverse lineup that includes current icons, legends, and new artists we know you’ll love. This soothing festival with calming vibes will certainly let you truly appreciate the immense talent on show.

Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024

Line-up includes: Erykah Badu, Ene Vogue, Eve, Malib, Ama Lou, Thee Sacred Souls, Jalen Ngonda

Location: Brockwell Park, Brixton

See here for more information.

City Splash

Bank holidays have been made better with City Splash and its colourful atmosphere reminiscent of the beloved Notting Hill Carnival. Celebrating the Caribbean and African culture in the UK and beyond, City Splash pays homage to the pioneering sounds that raised generations and shaped London. Expect to hear music that has left a stamp on the capital, ranging from dub and dancehall to British creations such as jungle and garage. In addition to the musical, prepare yourself for good food and lots of dancing among festival-goers.

Date: Monday, 27 May 2024

Line-up includes: Capleton, Beenie Man, Shenseea, Busy Signal, Queen Omega, General Levy and WSTRN

Location: Brockwell Park, Brixton

See here for more information.

Lambeth County Fair

50th year in and counting, Lambeth County Fair is back yet again. While not strictly a music festival, it certainly won’t fail to deliver some great music. On its two stages, you will hear an eclectic mix of genres performed by local and international artists. The county fair will also offer a host of activities related to its horticultural roots: anticipate everything from amazing flower competitions, farm animals, tasty food, and, believe it or not, horse jousting. Did we forget to mention it is free? There’s really no excuse for not taking part.

Date: Saturday, 8 and Sunday, 9 June 2024

Line-up includes: David Rodigan, Brixton Chamber Orchestra, Top Cats, LUCIANO, The Children of Zeus

Location: Brockwell Park, Brixton

See here for more information.

BST Hyde Park

BST Hyde Park provides music across numerous genres with something for all ages and tastes. Ranging from K-Pop sensation Stray Kids to British icon Robie Williams to Kings of Leon with support acts like The Vaccines, there will certainly be no shortage of talent. For those R&B fans, we recommend the SZA headline event, where she will be joined by Sampha, Snoh Alegra and more.

Date: Multiple dates in July

Line-up includes: SZA, Kings of Leon, Andrea Bocelli, Robbie Williams, Shania Twain, Kylie, Stray Kids

Location: Hyde Park, Westminster

See here for more information.

All Points East

Another year, another London native festival in the beautiful Victoria Park. Last time the headline included Stormzy and now you have Loyal Carner to look forward to. All Points East is packed with beloved musicians such as Nas, Andre 3000, Katraynada, Flying Lotus and Thundercat. The festival provides a diversity of choices to fit your preferences, including the longstanding Field Day and events headlined by the likes of Mitski.

Date: Multiple dates in August

Line-up includes: Loyal Carner, Katraynada, Nas, Andre 3000, Flying Lotus, Thundercat, Mitski and LCD Soundsystem

Location: Victoria Park, Tower Hamlets

See here for more information.

Staff writer Abhinav Poludasu responds to Amana Begam’s article in ThePrint, which criticises the continuation of India-Pakistan cricket matches at an international level. 9...

License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.en Author: Gil Zetbase Source: https://snl.no/Charles_Leclerc License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.en Author: Gil Zetbase Source: https://snl.no/Charles_Leclerc

Staff Writer Will Black provides an in-depth summary of the 2024 Monaco Grand Prix. A massive lap one crash, a curse broken, and a...

Students

On Saturday, 22 June, King’s hosted its annual open day which was disrupted by the protest led by KCLStands4Justice, provoking a divided response from...

Comment editor Ruth Otim discusses LGBTQIA+ activism in Africa during Pride Month through queer creative activists across the continent. Can you finish the lyric?...

'Legally Blonde' cast members line up within a dance, hands on each others' hips, and leaning forward. 'Legally Blonde' cast members line up within a dance, hands on each others' hips, and leaning forward.

Staff Writer Anwesh Banerjee reviews King’s Musical Theatre Society’s ‘Legally Blonde,’ which played at the Greenwood Theatre from 25 to 27 April 2024. When...

On 26 March, Dr Charlotte Hulme of West Point was invited to speak about her book Corporate Climate Action, Transnational Politics, and World Order....