KCLSU Elections Nominations Officially Open

KCLSU 2024 Elections Ad

Nominations for the KCLSU elections are now officially open! Students have the opportunity to be a voice for the student community and lead KCLSU.

Nominations for student officer, student trustee and student group committee positions will be open until February 19, with 3,537 posts up for election!

Voting opens at 10am on March 4 and closes at 4pm on March 7, taking place both in person and online. If you have trouble voting, please get in contact with the elections team.

There are a variety of roles up for election:

Full-Time Officers – these officers lead KCLSU and sit on the KCLSU Board of Trustees, the highest level of decision-making in the Union, ensuring student views are heard. In this role, you’ll engage with students to build communities and amplify their voices and campaigns, while representing them at the highest levels of the University.

Student Trustees – as a charity, KCLSU needs its trustees. As a trustee you’re responsible for deciding the strategic future of the Union, making important legal and financial decisions. You’ll gain skills in negotiation, risk assessment and budgeting while bringing your lived experience to improve the Union and student life more broadly.

Student Group Committee Members – KCLSU has over 400 student groups, ranging from KCL Rugby to Harry Potter Society. Committee members have a variety of roles, running group activities and managing finances. You’ll be helped along the way by training in the KCLSU Community Leadership Training Course.

Academic Association Committee Members – in this role, you represent your student community within the University, department and KCLSU. You’ll be advocating for your peers, campaigning for academic change and building up your community.

NUS Delegates – represent the KCLSU at the National Union of Students. You’ll discuss and vote on motions to decide NUS policy, hear from NUS officers, and update the King’s community following the NUS conference. At the conference, you will convey King’s students’ views on a national scale.

With all these roles available, there’s something for everyone. Nominate yourself for a role, or get voting!

Maughan library

Roar can exclusively reveal that Vice-Chancellor Shitij Kapur’s flat within the Maughan Library is 1,800 square feet (167 square meters) and that the university...

Roar Staff Writer Leah Napier-Raikes takes on the UK’s housing crisis, linking it with the rise of the short-term lets and the uptick in...

Julian Assange protest Julian Assange protest

On Tuesday 20 February and Wednesday 21 February, protesters gathered outside the Royal Courts of Justice near King’s College London’s Strand campus, demanding the...

Roar lays out the complicated King’s College London Student Union (KCLSU) rules to explain what’s happening with three student officers after an anonymous employee...