Fashion & Lifestyle

LFW A/W14: Temperley London

Temperley goes for an edgier take on femininity this winter.

Alice Temperley ditches cute and innocent for a more daring style for her A/W14 collection. But fear not – it’s not too racy; the designer has just added some edge to her romantic fairytale-themed designs. Top picks of the show were definitely the nude boots, which took the term ‘thigh-high’ to a completely new level. The winter floral printed dresses were also iconic, building the bridge between adorable and sexy. I love the inspiration behind the designs; a heritage and ceremonial dress collection that was compiled of decorative prints, jacquard and a quality vintage look. Finally, Temperley devotees will have something to wear before dark!

Staff writer Claire Ducharme examines the recent French fast fashion bill and its implications on sustainability in the industry. On 14 March 2024, France’s...

Staff writer Margo Sautelle dives into the coquette aesthetic, raising questions about the real implications of the trend, the meaning of girlhood and the...

Staff Writer Mina Yasar dissects all elements of the new fashion trend of 2024 – the ‘mob wife aesthetic’. If you use any social...