Fashion & Lifestyle

LFW A/W14: JW Anderson

Minimalist chic with smooth tailoring at JW Anderson.

JW Anderson offered slick, tailored high fashion, which was particularly minimalist in style at London Fashion Week A/W14. With block colours of black and white, the designer incorporated slices of bright shades into some of the clothing with royal blues, reds, yellows and greens being seen through the layers within the outfit. Styles were quite masculine, featuring backless high neck tops with baggy and unfitted sleeves, accompanied by rigid jackets and ankle-length straight skirts. However, the shape of the outfits were cleverly created in an almost origami-like fashion, with crop tops folded in places to create a loose looking fit, as well as drop-hem skirts and ruffled, draped dresses which created inspiring and original looks.

Comment Editor Samuel Pennifold on the UK Government’s decision to go ahead with the easing of all Covid-19 restrictions on July 19. The UK’s...

Roar writer Elsie Todd on the importance of our gut and its health. I always thought that our general wellbeing was mostly down to...

Comment Editor Samuel Pennifold on the recent anti-lockdown protests.  The most recent anti-lockdown protest in the UK raises an interesting question, how do we react to...

Students wanting to live in King’s accommodation during the academic year 2021/22 will have to pay a rent pre-payment to secure their rooms. The...