Tears of Gold: Remembering women in Conflict

Image taken from the front of cover of Hannah Rose Thomas' book Tears of Gold

On March 8 the Tears of Gold exhibition and conference invites you to discover more about the work being done to help and remember women in conflict around the world.

To mark international women’s day, the exhibition and conference Tears of Gold will take place on March 8. The event is hosting a series of seminars, an art display, and a keynote speech in the evening from Tamsin Greig who, alongside her acting career, has worked and travelled around the Democratic Republic of The Congo speaking out about sexual and gender based violence.

During the evening the event, you will be able to hear from an array of extraordinary speakers including award winning photojournalist Hazel Thompson, who has done incredible work with The New York Times and CNN documenting stories of gender-based violence and women affected by war.  As well as Rachel Miner, the Founder and CEO of Bellwether International, a charity that aims to build genocide-resistant societies on a global scale.

Alongside the seminars there will be an opportunity to experience the work of multi-award winning artist Hannah Rose Thomas. Nominated for the Women of the Future Award 2020, the World Humanitarian Forum Youth Changemaker Award 2020 and for the UN Women UK Awards 2020, Hannah’s artwork has been recognised a powerful tool for advocacy and a progression towards a more peaceful future. Hannah is also the author of the book Tears of Gold which will be launched at the event and will be available for purchase both at the conference and online.

This event is a fantastic opportunity to discover more about the work that NGO’s, journalists, and charities do to tackle the issue of gender based violence around the world.

To find out more about click here

On 8 March, International Women’s Day, Roar Staff Writer Charlotte Galea attended an event held by the Women in STEM and Women in Leadership Societies....

Roar talks to James Clark, Professor of Cardiovascular and Physiology Education, about the release of his latest Christmas album to raise money for Prostate...

As part of its Women in Media Panel with The Times and Sunday Times in collaboration with KCL Women in Business (KCL WIB), Roar...