The Three Best London Exhibitions to visit this Summer

Photo by DAVID ILIFF. License: CC BY-SA 3.0. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed.en). The image has been cropped and compressed.

Roar writer Diya Nadeem goes through some of the best art and fashion exhibitions currently in London.

As the days slowly start to get warmer and tourists begin to surge the streets of London, you may find yourself wondering how to spend your summer. Luckily for you, as COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, there are now several notable exhibitions temporarily residing in London. Here are just a few of the exhibitions that you can visit now. 

1. “Inspiring Walt Disney: The Animation of French Decorative Arts”

Coming all the way from the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art, this Disney exhibition has arrived in London and will be staying there until 16 October. “Inspiring Walt Disney: The Animation of French Decorative Arts” gives visitors an insight into the planning and sketches that went behind Disney’s most famous movies. Located at The Wallace Collection, visits cost £10 for students while members go free. 

The exhibition mainly revolves around Disney’s “most successful hand-drawn animation projects,” these being “Beauty and the Beast” (1991) and “Cinderella” (1950). Original sketches, posters, and pieces that inspired various characters and movies are showcased within the museum. The stark contrast between these early sketches and Disney’s latest animations shows us the progression of their style over the years. 

2. “Vision & Virtuosity”

Located at the Saatchi Gallery, “Vision & Virtuosity” by Tiffany & Co. showcases a vast array of the company’s jewellery along with other assorted items of their creation. The exhibition is comprised of seven different rooms, each designated to a different aspect of the world-renowned luxury jewellery retailer.

Here, we are shown the legacy of Tiffany & Co. alongside an endless list of their celebrity clientele. With its classy aesthetics and its informative display of the company’s history, this exhibition is not to be missed.

“Vision and Virtuosity” is open until 19 August.

3. “Yayoi Kusama’s Obliteration Room”

The Tate Modern – well-known for its many contemporary art exhibitions – has a vast range of displays this summer. Right now, the space is being used to show off a few immersive exhibitions from acclaimed artist Yayoi Kusama, the best of which is her “Obliteration Room.”

This exhibition – which is open until 29 August – encourages its visitors to place circular coloured stickers all over a white room. Visitors will be transforming a blank canvas into a creative, immersive piece of art.

Numerous showcases, such as these, are available to the public this summer – a majority of which are free of charge. These exhibitions need to be booked online before entry.

Music Festival Stage and Crowd Music Festival Stage and Crowd

On 25 April, students from King’s for Change, a member group of grassroots campaign organisation Citizens UK, ushered in over 2,000 civilian attendees to...