King’s Students Picked by the UN to Promote Sustainable Development Goals

United Nations has selected eight King’s Students to participate in the Millennium Fellowship Programme.

Applicants had to submit their projects representing at least one Sustainable Development Goal and one UN Academic Impact principle and contributing to the wellbeing of local society. Those successful are to be trained throughout the semester in order to enhance their leadership skills and help communities worldwide.

King’s Smile Society will undertake this challenge as one of the successful projects. Its purpose is to teach primary school children about proper dental care in an engaging, interactive way to subsequently raise their enthusiasm about the everyday activity of tooth brushing.

Source: Pexels

The students help the less fortunate populations as well: ‘I am passionate about working with vulnerable and isolated communities to improve their access to healthcare, allowing them to have equal opportunities and improve their standard of living.  As President of a society which engages in healthcare outreach, I thoroughly enjoy engaging with and learning from different people and find it extremely rewarding to see change happen from commitment to a project,‘ says Megna Shah.

She further claims the Society’s aims are well-suited for the Programme and welcomes it as a great opportunity ‘to network with like-minded individuals who are using their passion to create an impact in their communities; allowing her to share ideas and successful ways of reaching and engaging people‘.

Jacob Anderson speaking at the 2019 San Diego Comic Con International, for "Game of Thrones", at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California. Jacob Anderson is a lead in Interview with a Vampire.

Staff Writer Mohana Mitra examines the successes and unanswered questions of ‘Interview with a Vampire’ Part II. (This article contains spoilers) Immortality beats a...

On 26 March, Dr Charlotte Hulme of West Point was invited to speak about her book Corporate Climate Action, Transnational Politics, and World Order....

Staff writer Kayla Rahaman examines King’s College London’s sustainability efforts in the context of a worsening climate crisis internationally. 2023 marked the hottest year...

Roar sat down with Professor Frans Berkhout, who was appointed inaugural Assistant Principal for Climate and Sustainability in February 2023. Dr Berkhout discussed King’s College...