Where To Celebrate Halloween in London

Halloween 1996 Party London

Roar writer Ella Mathison recommends 15 places to celebrate Halloween in London this year.

Considering London is one of the most vibrant cities in the world, it’s no surprise that they would have about a trillion different things to do this Halloween. From Zombie laser tag to pub crawls to chilling escape rooms, there is a never-ending list of the amazing parties, activities, and venues that London has to offer this October. If you’re looking to make this Halloween an unforgettable (and for some of these, terrifying) time, take a look at this list of the top 15 places to go this Halloween.

1. Pumpkin picking 

Starting with a wholesome, Autumn themed excursion, London has some great places to go pumpkin picking. While a lot of residences seem to be having pumpkin carving competitions, this is a fun activity to potentially get yourself out of the city, take pictures, and pick some pumpkins.

You can book your tickets here:

Cammas Hall Book Tickets
Covent Garden Pumpkin Market

Pumpkin picking

2. Movie night

Another October classic: Horror movies. Whether you’re an avid Horror movie watcher or petrified of the genre, Prince Charles Cinema, as well as Backyard Cinema, have some amazing films being shown ranging from fun to slasher to psychological horror, so take your pick. Some movies include “Donnie Darko” (2001), “The Exorcist” (1973) and “The Shining [UK Version]” (1980) at Prince Charles and “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” (1975), “The Addams Family Values” (1993), and “What We Do In The Shadows” (2014) at Backyard Cinema.

You can book your tickets here:

Prince Charles Cinema Tickets
Backyard Cinema Tickets 

3. Halloween Soiree at Vauxhall Food & Beer Garden

Vauxhall Food and Beer Garden is a go-to this Halloween. From 12pm to 10pm on Saturday 30 October, they’ll be hosting a bottomless brunch as well as international street food and live performers. All they ask is that you come dressed in costume, because otherwise, what’s the point?

Date: Saturday 30 October

Location: 6A South Lambeth Place, London SW8 1SP

Age: 18+

Cost: £15 to £27 

You can book your tickets here.

4. Day of the Dead Halloween at Neverland London

You’ll definitely want to check out Neverland London’s “Day of the Dead” Halloween event. From DJs to best-dressed competitions and photo booths, this cannot disappoint. Be sure to get tickets for these dates: Friday 29 October and Saturday 30 October – and don’t forget to purchase the Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) themed bottomless brunch.

Date: Friday 29 October to Saturday 30 October

Location: Neverland, Wandsworth Bridge Road, London SW6 2TY

Age: 18+

Cost: £12 to £560

You can book your tickets here.

5. Echoes Immersive Horror Experience

If you’re really just looking for the most frightening experience you can find this season, head over to “Echoes: Immersive Horror experience” at COLAB Theatre. Climb down the steps into an abandoned basement, steel your nerves and sort out clues to prevent the worst from happening – all while praying that the evil spirit doesn’t get you before you’re done.

Date: Various dates starting from Wednesday 20 October

Location: 74 Long Lane, London SE1 4AU

Age: 18+

Cost: From £25 

You can book your tickets here.

6. Zombie laser tag

“The Apocalypse has begun”. This all-ages laser tag game is bound to make an incredible night for you and your mates. Equipped with a special ops uniform over your costume and a laser tag gun, run into the unknown to fight some brain-hungry zombies in this thrilling and absurdly fun game at Bunker 51.

Date: Friday 29 October and Saturday 31 October 

Location: 3 Herringham Road, London SE7 8NJ

Age: Under 18s allowed

Cost: From £35

You can book your tickets here.

Zombies at Halloween

7. Pub Crawl

An all-time classic, a pub crawl is a guaranteed fun night out. Add costumes, makeup, and Halloween music and it might well be the best night of your life. With access to four bars/clubs in central London, a complimentary welcome shot, a professional photographer, and incredible discounts you’re well on your way to having a fantastic Halloween weekend.

Date: Friday 29, Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 October

Location: Meeting 18 Greek Street, London W1D 4DS

Age: 18+

Cost: £15 to £30

You can book your tickets here.

8. Drag Syndrome Halloqween Spooktacular Show & Dinner

Head over to Proud Embankment to see this unbelievable “Halloqween” drag show. Drag Syndrome, the unbelievable group of Drag performers with Down syndrome, will be putting on a spooky and fabulous event with performers such as Sugar Cube, Sarah Gordy MBE, and more!

Date: Wednesday 27 October

Location: 8 Victoria Embankment, London WC2R 2AB

Age: 18+

Cost: £30 per person, £40 with a meal

You can book your tickets here.

9. Twisted Circus Halloween Festival

If you’re looking for a loud, crazy, slightly disturbing but insanely cool night, check out the “Twisted Circus Halloween Festival” coming to Indigo at the O2 on 30 October. Expect scare actors, an adult ball pit, acclaimed DJs, welcome cocktails, and some terrifying Twisted Circus performers. So throw on your costume, head on over, grab a complimentary bag of popcorn and candy floss, and have a fantastic time.

Date: Saturday 30 October

Location: 205 Peninsula Square, London SE10 0ES

Age: 18+

Cost: £25

You can book your tickets here.

Halloween costumes

10. Day of the Dead Bottomless Brunch

This bottomless brunch is hosted by the stunning venue Bar Elba rooftop for a Day of the Dead-themed meal. This will be going on during several Saturdays and Sundays this October, so choose your day and enjoy stunning views with bottomless Champagne, Aperol Spritz, or Sangria. Unfortunately, this event is 21+, so it’s not accessible for all.

Date: Various Saturdays and Sundays this October

Location: Rooftop Mercury House, 109-117 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8UL

Age: 21+

Cost: £60

You can book your tickets here.

11. Spooky Oktoberfest 

Who doesn’t love a good Oktoberfest? With a 7,000 square foot warehouse lasting three whole days, Brick Lane Tap Room has got an amazing Oktoberfest event planned for you from 29 to 30 October. Enjoy DJs at all times, live music, drag, comedy, and beers on tap. Come in costume and have fun!

Location: Building G4, Entrance via Brick Lane Tap Room E1 6 QL

Age: 18+

Cost: From £20

You can book your tickets here.

12. Halloween Boat Party

Enjoy an exciting and vibrant night at this Halloween Boat Party at Crown Pier on Saturday 30 October. There’ll be DJs, drinks, and an incredible view along the Thames. Halloween costumes are encouraged, and tickets to the PopWorld After Party are included.

Date: Saturday 30 October

Location: Crown Pier, Temple Avenue, EC4Y, London EC4Y 9AY

Age: 18+

Cost: £27.50 

You can find your tickets here.

13. Halloween Pub Quiz

Want to test your Halloween knowledge? The Old Brewery is hosting a scary-themed pub quiz night as well as a Halloween party on Sunday 31 October. So grab your mates, brush up on your trivia and expect an awesome time.

Date: Sunday 31 October

Location: The Old Brewery, The Pepys Building, The Old Royal Naval College, London SE10 9LW

Age: 18+

Cost: £15 to £20 

You can book your tickets here.

London Halloween Party

14. Candlelight String Quartet Performance

If you’re looking for some Halloween fun before the big weekend, or maybe something just a bit more relaxed, check out Candlelight for a string quartet of musicians performing your favourite Halloween classics at Butcher’s Hall. Some songs include “This Is Halloween” from “The Nightmare Before Christmas” (1993) by Danny Elfman, “Thriller” by Michael Jackson for String Quartet, “Hedwig’s Theme” from “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” by John Williams, and more.

Date: Thursday 21 October

Location: Butcher’s Hall, 87 Bartholomew Close, London EC1A 7EB

Age: Under 18s allowed

Cost: £15 to £30 

You can book your tickets here.

15. No Escape Halloween Special

And finally, to finish off the list, an escape room. No Escape Halloween Special will be taking place from 28 to 31 October at No Escape London. Be prepared to test your skills in deciphering creepy clues to escape with insane scares from live actors locked in the room with you. Prizes are included for best dressed so make sure to show up in costume!

Date: Thursday 28 October to Sunday 31 October

Location: No Escape Oxford Street, No Escape Brixton, No Escape Aldgate, No Escape Holloway

Age: 16+

Cost: £15 to £30

You can book your tickets here.

Hopefully, this list gives you some ideas of what fun events and parties you and your friends could attend this Halloween. Make sure to show up in costume, purchase your tickets from the links provided and stay safe. Happy Halloween!

KCL FFC team outside Bush House

KCLWRFC celebrate LUSL success KCLWRFC celebrate LUSL success

On 8 March, International Women’s Day, Roar Staff Writer Charlotte Galea attended an event held by the Women in STEM and Women in Leadership Societies....

On March 8 the Tears of Gold exhibition and conference invites you to discover more about the work being done to help and remember...

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has rejected proposals for a Las Vegas-style “Sphere” development in Stratford. London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan has vetoed the ambitious plans...