KCLSU vows to mitigate against tube strike exam clashes

Tube strike at Stratford station

PLANNED tube strikes will clash with King’s students’ exams, potentially leaving some unable to get to their assessments.

The industrial action, which was announced today, will take place from 9pm on April 28 for two days and again from the same time on May 5 for three days.

Although it’s unclear how King’s will react to the strikes, Areeb Ullah, Academic Affairs officer at KCLSU, told Roar! that the students’ union will do everything it can to mitigate against disruption should the strike go ahead.

He said solutions could include: “Potentially moving the dates of the exam or moving the exams to locations more local, within the King’s facilities.”

The Vice President stressed that it was early days and the union would have to wait for more details of the strike in order to discuss the matter with King’s.

Moving the exams could mean international students having to rearrange travel plans in order to attend new dates.

Students voted earlier this year to lobby King’s to move exams from the ExCel Centre to another venue after complaints that it was too far away and unfit for purpose.

Members of the RMT Union plan to walk out over the proposed closure of 260 Tube ticket offices and 960 job cuts.

King’s have been contacted for comment but are yet to respond.