London Varsity Series 2020: NETBALL

What looked like on paper a tense game between two sides was anything but at this year’s Netball Varsity, with UCL the victors at 24-53. The UCL team was incredibly strong in intercepting KCL’s passes, and when attacking were able to find their teammates with pin point accuracy. King’s had a couple of notable drives up the court in each quarter and scored a few goals, but had difficulty finding the target on most occasions. Additionally, UCL’s GK and GD looked very strong when jumping up to defend their goal, and successfully prevented several KCL goals.

At the end of the first Quarter, UCL were up by ten, a lead that would pretty much last for the entirety of the game, and actually expand larger. The second Quarter saw our Ladies much stronger, with WA Yoshi Soloman a key player in moving the ball around the court, but still KCL’s clinical finishing was not up to par with UCL’s as the opposition were still scoring goals after goals and finished the second Quarter 11-27. The third Quarter saw much of the same domination of the game as the first half, with King’s’ defence no match for UCL’s precision passing and fast swift movement up the court.

King’s were struggling to keep up with their opposition, who were now more than double the points our side had scored in the entire game, and sought to see out the match with as little a deficit as possible. There wasn’t much change to the last Quarter with UCL racking up more and more successive goals whilst King’s has difficulty reaching the other end of the court. The final score was 24-53 to UCL and well deservedly, as on the day our KCL Ladies were simply outmatched and overwhelmed by the UCL Netball team.

I would like to congratulate the UCL Netball team for their stellar performance and win over King’s, and say commiserations to our Ladies who despite having looked strong all season, were unfortunately on the other side of luck today.

KCL FFC team outside Bush House

KCLWRFC celebrate LUSL success KCLWRFC celebrate LUSL success