King’s Confirms First Coronavirus Case

0
1209

King’s College London has confirmed its first case of the novel coronavirus in an email sent out earlier today.

The email read: “Public Health England (PHE) has informed us of a recently confirmed case within our community. We understand this development will be a cause for concern and we want to reassure all of you that we are working closely with PHE and NHS services.”

The spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) has led to a situation of panic within the United Kingdom. 87 confirmed cases have been reported thus far, with the number increasing day by day. Two patients at King’s College Hospital have also tested positive for the virus, and people within the UK have begun to fear the risk of shortages in food and medicine. As such, King’s has said: “PHE has advised that the risk to our staff, students and visitors remains low and the university remains open.

“Our community is truly and proudly international, with staff and students from over 150 countries. We are committed to providing an environment in which all of our students, staff and community members feel welcome, supported and safe. As such, it remains important that we continue to work together and support each other.”

King’s has also assured its students welfare support and advice via KCLSU Advice and ‘Big White Wall’ – a 24-hour confidential online support and wellbeing service.

If you have concerns about your health regarding COVID-19, please go to NHS 111 online and follow PHE advice.

Editor-in-Chief @ Roar News. Politics major. Queen of stress eating.